Copyright year in publications

In this new version of OJS, the copyright year defaults to a previous month other than the day the article is published live. I have to manually go into each submission to update the year that the article was published for an accurate publication year in the live article reference. Can you please update the system to ensure that the publication date that is pulled from each article’s metadata reflects the actual publication date?

Thank you,
Serena

Checking in on an update for this issue.

Serena

Hi @Serena_Henderson,

What specific version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

We are using OJS3. @asmecher
Serena

Hi @Serena_Henderson,

What release of OJS 3? e.g. 3.1.1, 3.1.2-1, etc.

Thanks,
Alec

@asmecher The version we use is: 3.1.2.1
Serena

Hi @Serena_Henderson,

Thanks; I’m a little confused by the first post:

In this new version of OJS, the copyright year defaults to a previous month other than the day the article is published live.

This seems to be about the copyright year, but you’re also mentioning the day and month. Is the issue that the “date published” field is incorrect and needing manual adjustment? Or just the copyright year, or both?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

In the Publication pop up where I “schedule a publication in” an issue, it records that date as the publication year, month, day. For example, if I schedule papers to go in an issue on Dec 2018, but we publish live on January 2019, I have to manually go into each article and update the Published date to 2019.

Serena