Copyedit_author_request

Hello,

Under which circumstances would the Copyediting Review Request (COPYEDIT_AUTHOR_REQUEST) would load in the Author Notify predefined message list?

It is not showing up in the dropdown list. I tried several scenarios.

OJS 3.3.0-7

Hi @gabriela,

I don’t think that template is available until you make the initial request for copyediting (e.g. [td] - Copyediting Request]. You could try making that request first, and then after that, you might find that the option becomes available to send it to the author once the initial request is made to the Copyeditor, and after the copyeditor completes their first round of copyediting.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for your suggestion. We went through the copyediting steps, but the template it is not showing in the dropdown list.

Many thanks,
Gabriela

Any further assistance would be very much appreciated.

Gabriela

Hello @gabriela,

It looks as though this message doesn’t appear until after the copyediting has been done and the section editor is sending it back to the author to review - have you taken those steps already with the submission?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for your reply and guidance.
I am sorry. I think I am missing a step somewhere.
If we take submission 978 from the testdrive journal Login | OJS3 Testdrive Journal. The submission seems to have gone through the copyediting. But, when I use the Notify link (under the Author’s name) I do not see the template in the dropdown list. I tried as admin, journal editor, and copyeditor.

G

Hi @gabriela,

Thanks for pointing out the example in the test drive site - this helps me see better exactly where this is occurring. I see what you mean - I would expect to see this template here as well - not sure exactly what is going on, but I will follow-up with some of my team members to see if I can get a better idea here.

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi @rcgillis, I am @gabriela 's colleague and am wondering if you have any updates regarding this question about the missing template. Please note that during current Gabriela’s research leave, there is little technical support for OJS in our library. We are in the early stages of hiring a replacement for the library staff person who was supposed to be Gabriela’s backup. He left for another position at the university, thus, the gap in OJS technical support.
Thank you for any help that you and your team can provide.
Olga
Open Education and Scholarship Librarian, McMaster U

Hi @operkovic,

It looks like the email template with the key COPYEDIT_AUTHOR_REQUEST was removed in the change from OJS 2.4.8 to OJS 3.0. I’m not sure on the details about exactly when/why it was removed, but that would explain why it’s not showing up in the dropdown.

Thanks.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Also, I’m not completely familiar with the process, but this could be a good candidate for a custom email template. The PKP email template documentation has more information on how that all works.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Hi @ewhanson,
Thank you for your replies and for the link.
May I ask you if the journal editor may create a custom email template for their journal? Or can this only be done by the journal platform administrator?
Again, thank you.
Best wishes,
Olga