Controlled vocabulary entries

Hi all,

Is there any tool available to easily manage Controlled Vocabulary entries in version 2.x?

Anything would do besides tinkering with the database line by line (cron job? complete purge?) I have 55000+ junk entries (created by spam accounts) that I would love to get rid of.

I got rid of a few hundred with regex targeting URL tags, but there are still way too many!

Hi @toma,

If these are reviewer interests and the accounts they were submitted by have been removed, then you can clean out un-referenced entries using this tool (to be released in the next version of OJS): https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/master/tools/cleanReviewerInterests.php

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for the script @asmecher

I see that it is only available through SSH, will that also be the case about the official release?

Does it work on both OJS 2 and 3?

Hi @toma,

This will be released as part of OJS 3.1.

It was written for OJS 3.x, and I haven’t tested with OJS 2.x. I suspect it’ll need minor adaptation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher.

Unfortunately I am having issues installing OJS 3 currently (receiving a 500 error on the CSS file, which I think is due to an inferior PHP version) and I was hoping to sort out this issue first.