Clicky Analytics tracking code

I know there is a plugin for Google Analytics, but the rest of my site uses Clicky.

Where can I add the Javascript tracking code for Clicky? I’m using OJS v.3.0.0.

Thanks!

Hi @Douand22

I am not familiar with Clicky, but if it functions in the same way as Google Analythics, maybe you would like to write a similar plugin for that and then use that plugin? Else, maybe in the footer, but I am not sure if you can enter JS code there. Else, maybe hard-coded in the footer template, but you will have to maintain the changes on each system update.

Best,
Bozana

Thanks @bozana.

Unfortunately I’m not technical and can only dabble with html & css: php is way beyond my level of competence! I think you are right about the footer - I don’t think inserting JS code will work!

Is it as simple as inserting a function? One is suggested at https://clicky.com/help/code/php-clicky-log.phps but when I inserted this into the footer it didn’t produce tracing info.

Hi @Douand22

I couldn’t see your link above, but here is a help page, where you find your Clicky tracking code: Help » Where is my tracking code? | Clicky. Apparently there is also a Non-Javascipt tracking code, s. the last link on the help page above and here Help » Visitors without Javascript | Clicky. Eventually you can use that to insert in the footer. I hope this helps you.

Best,
Bozana