Clean install of OJS 3.3.0.8 freezes. Where to look?

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
I have a clean install of OJS3.3.0.8 and am testing it in prep for going live. The problem is intermittent. The site freezes (infinite circle) and sometimes takes several minutes before unfreezing. Makes it unusable. The server logs don’t show anything wrong. Can anyone advise where I should look to figure out what’s wrong?

Steps I took leading up to the issue:

What I tried to resolve the issue:

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

Hi @elhay,

Hmmm… usually the server logs provide some indication - but more specifically, did you check your PHP error logs?
Also: in the config.inc.php there is the debug settings: you can enable some of these options to hopefully get some output that might pinpoint what the issue is.
In particular, setting both the show_stacktrace and display_errors could be helpful.

At what point in the install process does it freeze?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks, Roger. The freezing has occurred during testing of the site. The installation is complete and the site works fine until the freezing occurs. There no discernable pattern to when it freezes though. Haven’t checked the PHP logs but will do so and will also turn on debugging in case that help. I’m not an expert and rely on a much more knowledgeable person who can play with the nuts and bolts.
Thanks for your help.