Classic theme not properly working

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
Installed Classic theme v 1.1.0 with OJS 3.3.0.10, php 7.4.3. If I select the theme from the journal the layout is completely broken. Plus, it is not possible to select the Classic theme from the Setting wizard in the administration (Appearance tab).
When the Classic theme is selected from the Journal → Website → Theme, in the Administration → Appearance there is a blank selection (see screenshot).

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:
Schermata da 2022-03-17 13-34-59
Schermata da 2022-03-17 13-35-15

Hi @Lara_M,

I’m wondering if this may have to do with the plugin being enabled/not enabled site wide vs. for a specific journal. Here is a post about a similar issue: Child theme not found in the dropdown in the **Appearance** section - #5 by Vitaliy.

If you enable the plugin for a specific journal and enable it as the theme for that journal, is it working correctly? If that doesn’t resolve things, could you also share a screenshot of how the frontend journal layout is broken?

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Thank you @ewhanson,
the problem is that there isn’t any “Classic theme” in the dropdown menu from the Administration side, so I am forced to select it only inside the journal.
Schermata da 2022-03-19 19-09-09

I enabled the Classic theme both in the Administration and in the Website settings.
Schermata da 2022-03-19 19-07-04

If I select it inside the journal, it appears a blank selection in the Administration side.
Schermata da 2022-03-19 19-12-12

What is strange now is that after deselcting and reselecting the theme works correctly, but there is always the blank selection in the Administration settings… I mean now the site appearance it’s fine, but I don’t understand why, since I didn’t really changed anything. I just hope it doesn’t break again without any reason:)

Hi @Lara_M,

I’m glad to hear it’s working again.

I suspect there an issue somewhere related to how the theme plugin is installed and enabled. If the issue does reappear, you could check in the versions and plugin_settings tables in the database for anything unusual and compare the entries related to the classic theme to another theme plugin that is working as expected.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Thank you very much!
If it does reappear I’ll do as you say.

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.