Classic theme (Italian translation): no space between two authors

Hello,

I am writing you because I have noticed that on Classic Theme, while using the Italian translation, the same authors of an article appear stick to each other, in the following way:

Author,Author,Author

On the English version, actually, I don’t see this problem and the names are correctly spaced (“Author, Author”). Would it be possible to solve this?
I am using the latest versions of OJS (3.1.2-4) and Classic theme (1.0.2)
Thank you very much and best regards
Leonardo Mancini

Hi @leonardo.mancini,

This is the common.commaListSeparator locale key in lib/pkp/locale/(your locale)/common.po (or lib/pkp/locale/(your locale)/common.xml for OJS 3.1.2 and older). In the Italian translation it’s probably missing a space after the comma.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you very much Alec!

Dear Alec,

I have found the same situation running HealthScience with the Italian translation, so I went through the same procedure and I added the comma.

<message key="common.commaListSeparator">, </message>

However, now I am getting a very strange result on the website, where things show like in the following image:

Schermata 2020-10-02 alle 10.58.04

Do you think there could be a problem behind this?
Thank you very much
Leonardo

Actually, this only edit has broken up the whole functioning of the Italian version of the website… I attach a screenshot at this regard.

Schermata 2020-10-02 alle 11.02.24

Schermata 2020-10-02 alle 11.02.50

Schermata 2020-10-02 alle 11.03.39

Here is the link: Archivi delle emozioni

Thank you again,
Leonardo

Ps.: for now, I have solved by replacing the exact original file, without the edit.
I guess that updating OJS would be the best solution for me, still.
Thanks again,
Leonardo