CitationStyleLanguage Plugin, Fatal error, file lib/vendor/autoload.php missing (OJS 3.3.0.8)

Dear OJS forum,

today I downloaded a new version of the CitationStyleLanguage plugin and installed it manually by unzipping the file in the /sys/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage directory. We are using the latest OJS version 3.3.0.8.

After the installation the following error message appears:

Warning: require_once(/home/suburban/public_html/sys/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: file or directory not found in /home/suburban/public_html/sys/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/CitationStyleLanguagePlugin.inc.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/suburban/public_html/sys/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’. :/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/suburban/public_html/sys/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/CitationStyleLanguagePlugin.inc.php on line 16

In the new version of the plugin the directory “citationStyleLanguage/lib/” is missing and so is the file “autoload.php”. In the old one the directory and the file are present.

Do you have any ideas how I can fix the problem?

Best regards,
Michael

Hi @adm_sub ,

why don’t you try to install it via UI, that is with the install option in the list of plugins?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

you mean that I should install it via the Plugin Gallery (Website → Plugins → Plugin Gallery)? The CitationStyleLanguage Plugin is not listed there, thats why I installed it from github.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi @adm_sub ,

Yes, that is the suggested way for installing plugins as it ensures the correct plugin version and all necessary installation steps.
I have just checked and I believe the Citation Style Plugin should be installed as default:

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 17.02.54

Have you checked that is not installed and only disabled?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

thank you for your quick reply! I have installed and activated an older version of the Citation Style Language (CSL) plugin and it works. My problem is that updating to the latest version – available on github – does not work. I guess I should explain why I want to update it in the first place:

I installed the Custom Citation Style plugin because I would like to integrate our journal’s citation style as the primary format for bibliographic information and output it via the CSL plugin. I can select the custom citation style in the CSL settings, but I did not manage to output it on the article landing page.

Screenshot 2022-03-01 085448

Screenshot 2022-03-01 085509

Therefore I assumed that it might be due to an outdated Citation Style Language plugin. To be able to exclude this source of error, I tried the update.

But maybe this error has nothing to do with the CSL plugin?

Best regards,
Michael

Are there other users who use the Citation Style Language as well as the Custom Citation Style plugin and experience this error?

Hello together,

I have now managed to include our citation style not via Custom Citation Style Plugin, but directly via Citation Style Language Plugin and it seems to works so far.

Thanks for your help, @primozs.