Citation style language PHP error

Hi all,

I am using the OJS 3.3.0.6 with two languages and receiving the following PHP error in the log:

[php7:error] [pid 756552] [client xxxxxxxxxxxxx] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Seboettg\CiteProc\Exception\CiteProcException: Illegal argument. Name has no family name. in /podatki/wwww/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Util/NameHelper.php:122\nStack trace:\n#0 /podatki/wwww/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(532): Seboettg\CiteProc\Util\NameHelper::normalizeName()\n#1 /podatki/wwww/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(210): Seboettg\CiteProc\Rendering\Name\Name->nameOrder()\n#2 /podatki/wwww/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(191): Seboettg\CiteProc\Rendering\Name\Name->getNamesString()\n#3 /podatki/wwww/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Name/Name.php(439): Seboettg\CiteProc\Rendering\Name\Name->formatName()\n#4 /podatki/wwww/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg in /podatki/wwww/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Util/NameHelper.php on line 122

I found two topics regarding it:

I have checked both:

• there are no authors without a family name
  • the fix should be merged in the latest OJS version

So I believe the problem is different than the above mentioned. Any idea how to fix it?

Regards, Primož

@asmecher @bozana Any idea?

Hi @primozs
Hmmm… I have no idea out of my head, but could you please provide some more information: your plugin settings, languages you are using, does the error occur for every article and locale, if not what are the author names (in all languages) of the article where the error occur, the author (at least given) name should exist in the submission locale… Do you use GitHub or release package – just to be sure the plugin version is up-to-date… Any further information would be helpful, because I cannot reproduce it…
Note: it should not be a problem if the author does not have the family name, then the given name is used, s. citationStyleLanguage/CitationStyleLanguagePlugin.inc.php at stable-3_3_0 · pkp/citationStyleLanguage · GitHub

Thanks,
Bozana

Hi @bozana,

I am not sure if this info will help:

• plugin settings: primary citation format is APA, other formats: APA, Chicago, Harvard, Vancouver
  • languages: en_US and sl_SI
  • it doesn’t occur at all articles, was not able to find one :frowning:
  • I am using the release package

Best regards, Primož