Child theme don't working after updating 3.2.1 to 3.3.0.5 **Fatal error** : Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template

Hello! Please help, I can’t find information 2 days. After successful upgrading I copy Child theme in new version ojs 3.3.0.5 and I see white screen. When I change debug options to On in config there are errors:
(20 times)
Notice : Deprecated call without request object. in /var/www/user/site.com/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 1235

and:

Fatal error : Uncaught → Smarty: Unable to load template ‘app:frontend/components/searchForm_simple.tpl’ in ‘app:frontend/components/header.tpl’ ← thrown in /var/www/site.com/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 195

Please help, how I can add Child theme in new version?

Hi @KarimAnna

Is this your own theme? If so, did you update it to make sure it is compatible with 3.3? OJS 3.3 has changed the search bar structure and that template no longer exists in 3.3. You will need to ask your developer to update the theme.

Regards,
Jason

1 Like

Thank you for reply, can you tell me where I can read about it. I cannot contact the developer. Maybe I can fix it myself.

Hi Anna,

I’d probably start with our theming guide:

https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/pkp-theming-guide/en/

There is a section on building child themes.

Best
Jason

1 Like