Changing the position of the Current Issue in the journal home page

I’m pretty sure I’ve seem before an option to place the Current Issue TOC below the Additional Content, but I cannot recall how that is actually done.

Is there such an option or do I need a custom Theme for that?

Also, how can I fully remove the Current Issue from the home page? I had that choice before 3.x but I could not find it in 3.x.

Hi @luizborges,

There are some posts here that talk about similar changes (although not exactly the same thing that you’re going for): Move announcements below table of contents on homepage - #4 by mpbraendle

In particular, editing templates/frontend/pages/indexJournal.tpl - might be a way to go about this.

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Okay, I will create a new theme reording those them.

Also, is there a way to remove the current issue from the front page? In 2.x that was possible, but I couldn’t find it in 3.x.

Hi @luizborges,

Not out of the box in any of the settings, I don’t think. You can, however, remove it from the navigation options (Website - Settings - Navigation). I think you’d have to alter the theme settings, similarly in order to remove it though.

-Roger
PKP Team

Just to be clear, I’m talking about the green section, and not the red menu item. In 2.x the green section was optional.

Hi @luizborges,

Thanks for clarifying. Yes - for that part you’d have to alter the theme so that section would not appear. I also suppose that you could do some custom CSS as well so that did not show up publicly (although it would still show up in the HTML unless you altered the theme).

-Roger
PKP Team