Change receivers in e-mail templates

Hello,

I am running an OJS installation in version 2.4.8.1.

Some users are bothered by the fact that false receivers are predefined for some e-mail templates (at least for them).

Explicit it is about the templates: REVIEW COMPLETE, REVIEW CONFIRM, REVIEW DECLINE
At the moment the section editor is defined as the receiver group. However, editor is required.

I would like to adjust this, but there is seems to be no option in the interface.

I have searched all associated tables in the database.
The recipient role is defined in the table “email_templates_default” in the column “to_role_id”.

Then I have found found the numbers of the individual roles in the file “classes / security / Role.inc.php”.

Correspondingly I have changed the values for to_role_id from 512 (section editor) to 256 (editor) for the templates in the database.

At first I thought that the problem has been solve, because now in the overview is the correct editor specified as receiver.

Problem:
When the templates are used, the section editor is also entered as recipient.

Does anyone have an idea?

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Hi @IT_Sky,

Those emails are addressed To: assigned section editors, with a CC: to assigned editors. That’s coded in classes/submission/reviewer/ReviewerAction.inc.php in the recordRecommendation function:

$assignedEditors = $email->ccAssignedEditors($reviewerSubmission->getId());
$reviewingSectionEditors = $email->toAssignedReviewingSectionEditors($reviewerSubmission->getId());

…etc.

The to/from role information in the database for email templates are purely informational.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi asmecher,

thank you very much!

Now it works.

I have changed the assigned receivers by changing into this:
$assignedEditors = $email->toAssignedEditors($reviewerSubmission->getId());
$reviewingSectionEditors = ‘’;

If you want to know the name of the availible methods, take a look in the file classes/mail/ArticleMailTemplate.inc.php