Can't enable prepared emails template

HI, I’m Siska.

I need some help to fix my problem. I couldn’t enable my prepared emails template. Actually i want to enable my “User Register”.4

And i also try to fix

i changed the USER_REGISTRE line from can_disable=“0” to can_disable=“1”.

But it didnt change. Anything that i should do?.

Thanks.

The template is enabled. The greyd out checkbox does not imply that the template is disabled - it implies that you can not disable that template. It is always enabled in OJS.

Hi @ajnyga.

but I couldn’t check the checkbox. So, when new user registered, they didnt get any information email about their username and password.

Is it because of this email template or another problem?

If that screenshot is from your installation then it is checked. There is a “V” in the box. The checkbox is just disabled meaning that you can not change it’s status.

So if emails are not working in your installation, it has to be a different reason.

edit: also note that the template you are talking about is only sent when an editor creates a new user account for someone. It is not used when user self registers.

It’s checked but it’s grey and i couldn’t change to it. the example like the pic below.

The “Submission Ack Not User” template is checked and it’s black. But the “User Register” template is checked but grey and I couldn’t change it.

email%20template

In the other case, I already set up my config.inc.php to set smtp for gmail.

Hi,

The grey checkbox simply means that you (the editor) can not change it’s status. It is always enabled by default. The Submission Ack Not User template is different, that one you can enable/disable if you want.

The template you are talking about is only sent when an editor creates a new user account for someone. It is not used when user self registers.

Oh I see. Sorry for that, because I’m new here for OJS. So, what should I do when new user register and they will get email notification about their username and password ?.
Because it’s my first time operating OJS.

Sorry, I did not understand this question?

And no need to apologize, Every system has a learning curve.

Oh sorry. The new user didnt get email notification about their username and password after registered. That’s my actuall problem right now.

Hi,

I do not think the system is designed to send the username and password for users that register themselves.