Cant add non English metadata after upgrade[OJS 3.2.0.0]

Hi all,

Recently I have updated ojs to 3.2.0.0 , I faced problem with add metadata (references, abstract, author names … ) contained non English characters ( ń , ł …etc. ) which disappear after click save.

I try to changed database encoding to utf8mb4 , the code of config file ( i18n ) show below :

But the problem stll …

Please any HELP …

Hi @Ankush1,

Was your old installation (before upgrading) using UTF8MB4?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you asmecher
Before upgrading i using UTF8 in db but suddenly after the upgrade I found that it had changed to latin1_swedish .So i then change it to UTF8MB4. According to what I continued on pkp forum , that the solution to the problem is to convert DataBase ,BUT not solved

Hi @Ankush1,

This is more of a database administration question than an OJS question; I’d suggest working just with your database tools (e.g. phpMyAdmin or the MySQL client) to get your character encodings consistent with your new and old databases, and only then introducing OJS (and its configuration file) into the mix. You might find guidance about this on StackOverflow.com. I suspect your old and new databases were created with different default character sets.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear, asmecher
I expected that the problem is in the database and its coding, so as I mentioned to you, I changed the coding for all tables to encode UTF8MB4.
Should I type the same code(UTF8MB4) in the journal’s configuration file ? In order to be solve the problem and show other languages.
please can you explain to me more about the steps I have to follow.