Can't add navigation links

Hi, i’m trying to add a new top navigation link, but it just not working, and also deleting is not working. When I try to delete, the page reloads, and it seems that the menu was deleted, but if I go to the home, the link is still there, and if i come to the admin again, I can see that the link wasn’t removed.

I cant see any save button on The Look Page is that correct ?
I’m using version 2.4.8-1. Thanks

Hi @ricardoperovano,

The likely problem is that your file permissions on the cache directory and its contents are not correct. See the FAQ for information on file permissions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, Thanks for replying but all permissions are set correctly. :neutral_face:

Hi @ricardoperovano,

What is your SAPI, and how have you set permissions?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

now, for tests purposes i set 755 in the entire project folder. I’m using apache

Hi @ricardoperovano,

You need to consider file ownership (user and group), not just numerical permissions. The SAPI (mod_php, CGI/FastCGI, etc.) will generally dictate what ownership is appropriate.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have mod_php here and the folder owner is www-data:www-data

Hi @ricardoperovano,

Just double-checking – after you modified the navigation items list on Setup page 5, did you hit the Save button at the bottom of the page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hey, that’s the point, there is not save button inside the whole page

Hi @ricardoperovano,

There’s no “Save” button at the bottom of the Journal Setup step 5 form? Hmm, that sounds like a problem. Can you post a screenshot of that form?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yeah, that is just the end of the page at step 5:

Hi @ricardoperovano,

It looks like you’re missing part of the form; that shouldn’t be the bottom. Is there no Section 5.7 on the page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

No, that’s the last item: 5.6

there is also no downward button in the right sidebar menu. Some block plugin is causing an error in the right sidebar listing?

It could be some plugin, but I don’t know exactly how to threat it.

Hi @ricardoperovano,

Check your PHP error log; I suspect there will be a message logged there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher