Can't add a reviewer

When I try to add a reviewer by choosing a registered user, after choosing the name, the name is replaced by a number and I get an error: the system can only enroll an existing user. But the user exists!

Hi @mraleiras,

It seems like there might be an error with your journal installation. Could you please confirm which version of OJS you are using?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project

1 Like

Hi Patricia,

I’m using OJS 3.1.2.0 (May 9, 2019 - 02:30 )

Have there been any changes to the journal such as an upgrade recently?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

No, the last update is from last May,

Is this a single or multi-journal installation?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

It’s a single journal.

It’s the same as mentioned here but I don’t understand the solution given Problem on Add Reviewer => Enroll Existing User

Hi @mraleiras,

I think the user you’re trying to register as a reviewer might be registered in your journal without any roles.

I was able to get around this issue by searching for them in Users & Roles > Users. Make sure you enable the checkbox to include users without a role.

I then edit the user profile and gave them a role as a reviewer. Following this, I was able to assign them as a reviewer.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project

That’s how I have fixed the problem. But my problem is during the workflow. The section editors don’t have access to the users list, so they will need to add the reviewers from the “add reviewer” option on the submission panel.

Hi @mraleiras,

Thanks for clarifying. I am consulting with the PKP developers regarding this and will get back to you as soon as I (or someone else from our team) can.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project.

1 Like

Hi @mraleiras,

Please upgrade to the most recent version of OJS (3.1.2-4) as this issue has been resolved with newer releases.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project

1 Like

Hi @pmangahis we followed your instruction and upgraded OJS to the latest version. This problem is now solved. Thank you so much!|

1 Like