Can't access OJS sites

Hi! I’m having trouble with my Online Journal System. I have three OJS site one says “Ooops! Nothing Found” when I’m trying to access it while the other two redirects me to another web page. I don’t know what seems to be the problem. Can someone help me please?

These are the URLs:

http://po.pnuresearchportal.org/ejournal/index.php/apherj
http://po.pnuresearchportal.org/ejournal/index.php/asten
http://po.pnuresearchportal.org/ejournal/index.php/normallights/

Thank you!

Hi @_patrishamae,

It’s hard to tell what’s going on here - it could be any number of things.

Do you have access to your server logs? If so, are you able to see any errors there? And, if not, you may want to get whoever administers your site/servers to look into it.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis, we have checked our error logs and there are no errors found.

I don’t know what seems to be the problem. We haven’t made any changes that is why I am wondering what causes the error.

Can you help me look for possible solutions?

Hi! I tried checking the error again and this is the displayed error image .

I really hope that you can help me. Coz’ I have tried other solutions from the internet but it is not working.

Thank you.

Hi @_patrishamae,

The error log suggests that there is an issue with your WordPress login, which is strange? I’m afraid we can’t help with Wordpress issues. Do you have any error log messages that are specific to the OJS application?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis, there are no any other errors shown in the error log. I find it strange also because the site that I can’t access are the OJS sites.

I can’t locate what causes the problem, it’s been a week since the error occured. I really need to fix the website. :pensive: We already tried to restore the backup but the error still persists.

Hi @rcgillis, I tried accessing the site again and this error shows

Hi @_patrishamae,

Sorry - but without error log messages, that doesn’t give us much to be able to assist in troubleshooting with. It could be any number of things that could be causing this issue. Usually the error logs help pinpoint the problem.

-Roger
PKP team

Hi @rcgillis, I tried accessing the error log from the CPanel, and this error shows

[03-Mar-2021 18:08:22 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use ‘String’ as class name as it is reserved in /home2/pnuresea/public_html/po/ejournal/lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php on line 57
[03-Mar-2021 18:09:50 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Application has a deprecated constructor in /home2/pnuresea/public_html/po/ejournal/classes/core/Application.inc.php on line 36
[03-Mar-2021 18:09:50 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PKPApplication has a deprecated constructor in /home2/pnuresea/public_html/po/ejournal/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 39
[03-Mar-2021 18:09:50 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::defineExposedConstant() should not be called statically in /home2/pnuresea/public_html/po/ejournal/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 545
[03-Mar-2021 18:09:50 America/Boise] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getExposedConstants() should not be called statically in /home2/pnuresea/public_html/po/ejournal/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 513

Hi @_patrishamae,

I suspect someone upgraded PHP on your server to a version that’s too new for your version of OJS. You’ll need to either downgrade your PHP to something that your version of OJS supports, or you’ll need to upgrade your OJS to a newer release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher , we already updated our OJS version. Thank you!

1 Like