Bootstrap 3 theme for OJS 3

hi, I would like to ask about theme in ojs 3.0.1

when I change the default theme to bootstrap 3, there is so many changes to my ojs site.
There is new block named ‘aims and scope’, and others strange blocks. And when I click the block it linked to another ojs site. Why it happened? and what should I do?

thank you.

Hi @Mr_dikiachmadp,

Could you post your question as a new subject rather than reopening this old conversation? That’ll help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

If some bootstrap theme exist it does not necessarily means that it is compatible with OJS and other web applications that use bootstrap framework.
I contacted some developers of bootstrap themes and I have been told that it would be possible to make that for OJS.

When using third-party themes not developed specifically for OJS 3, there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. The HTML markup of the Bootstrap3 theme sticks as closely as possible to the core Bootstrap markup. So if your third-party theme just uses CSS styles, it shouldn’t take too much work to slot it in.

2. The integration will still take a little bit of technical work. You can see how the Bootstrap3 theme bundles several different “bootstrap themes” within it here. And these are turned into theme options here. Finally, the selected theme’s stylesheet is loaded here.

Your other option is just to take all the templates from the Bootstrap3 theme and build your own theme. :+1:

Te agradezco la respuesta. Quiero usar un tema de bootstrap, pero mi único inconveniente es que quiero que mi logo aparezca en el centro del banner y que abajo esté el menú de navegación y no logro hacerlo. POr eso quería saber si alguien me puede colaborar con un código CSS para lograr este objetivo, puesto que yo no soy una experta.
Gracias por tu gentil ayuda.

Hi @NateWr,

why this theme does not appear in Gallery, like defaultManuscript?
is because this is a “community” theme, not an “official theme” or something like that…

Hi @t4x0n,

Yes, something like that. It’s really intended as a “base” theme on top of which customizations can be made. It’s been used without customization, too, but it was originally intended as a developer tool rather than a finished theme.

thanks for your reply @NateWr,

will be very cool if you could add an option for change between wide and boxed aspect, this will be a very cool option :wink: (the boxed aspect of manuscript theme is very nice)

Sounds like a great contribution to the theme. :wink:

If you want some help digging into it, you can post an issue there and we can talk about what would be required.

Apply Bootstrap 3 Theme on OJS 3

Is there a bootstrap3 theme for OMP? or did you kwno if this can be apply for both OJS and OMP v3.1.1 or is just to OJS??

I do all things based on bootstrap 3 installation instruction. however when I go to site administration in order to activation, just I see a blank page. after removing of bootstrap folder all things goes true again. any body can help?
tnx

Hi @alienmau,

The Bootstrap theme is currently only for OJS, though it could be ported to OMP with some effort.

Hi @langarizadeh,

Start with this FAQ entry.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks, i did a search and yes it is on OMP too

Hi @alienmau,

Ah, that looks like third-party work – available over at https://github.com/UIUCLibrary/omp-bootstrap3.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I’ve released v1.1.1 of the Bootstrap3 theme, which is only compatible with 3.1.1. If you’ve upgraded, get the new release here:

Editorial Team does not display information in OJS 3.1.1

I’ve releaed v1.1.2 of the Bootstrap3 theme, which is only compatible with 3.1.1. This includes a critical bug fix which prevented the Editorial Team from displaying properly. (Thanks @jmacgreg for the fix.)

Hi… NateWr, I can’t install that theme, could you please give a solution?

Hi @arifbahtiar, I won’t be able to help unless you can provide more details.

I’ve released 1.1.3 of the Bootstrap3 theme. This version is compatible with OJS 3.1.1-1 and adds support for the GDPR privacy consent collection in the registration form.

Error when registering new user (problem with privacy statement)

I’ve released 1.1.4 of the Bootstrap3 theme. This security update fixes a XSS vulnerability in the search template. It is compatible with OJS 3.1.1-1 and OJS 3.1.1-2.

If you have forked the theme or are otherwise unable to use this update, you can patch your copy of the theme by making the following change to your templates/frontend/pages/search.tpl template: