Bootstrap 3 - Reviewer interest input field missing

Hi,
In bootstrap3 theme, the reviewer interest input field does not show up. See the screenshot below. Anyone here can suggest a possible solution.
capture_20210619090213311

Using OJS : 3.3.0.6
Thanks

Hi @seisense,

Are you able to determine the exact theme version of bootstrap that you’re using (e.g. through the plugin gallery).

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi, @rcgillis ,
The latest version of Bootstrap 3 theme is installed and from the plugin gallery, it is showing version 3.2.0.3.
Thanks

Hi @seisense,

I’ve tested this, and I don’t think that the reviewer interests are supposed to be filled in at this stage. The workflow appears to be that the user logs in, requests the reviewer role (as you’ve noted in the screenshot above) and then once they have their account they can then login and enter in their reviewer interests in their profile. Were you expecting or have you observed something different in the bootstrap theme previously?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,
I am not sure about the bootstrap3 theme as I am using it for the first time for my journals. Yet, this reviewer interest input field is availble in all the other PKP OJS themes like Default theme, Manuscript child theme, Healthsciences theme etc…
So, I strongly beleive this functionality would be in the Bootstrap 3 theme as well. Developer of this theme may comment on it if this is a bug or this funcionality is not availble in bootstrap3.
Thanks for taking time and reviewing

Hi @seisense,

I tested it on some of these other themes and didn’t see it there either. Perhaps you could provide a screenshot of where you see it present on the registration page of some of these other themes?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,
Below is the one such exaple from " Default manuscript child" theme. Reviewing interests filed appear when user checkmark the following statement on register screen
" Yes, I would like to be contacted with requests to review submissions to this journal."
Capture

Thanks

Hi @seisense,

Hmm… I’m not sure what the difference between the themes and rationale would be for not including this. I’m flagging @NateWr here, as the Bootstrap theme developer - he may be able to elaborate.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @seisense,

It doesn’t look like this is supported in the Bootstrap3 theme. I don’t recall any specific reason why it wasn’t included. That theme relies a lot on community contributions for new features, so I don’t aim to keep it aligned with the other themes.

I’ve filed an issue to add this, but it may not be available until someone provides the code for it. You can follow progress here: