Blocks not working in OJS 3.0.1

The “make a submission block” and the other blocks even the custom bloack not working in ojs 3.0.1. while it works in OJS 3.

Hi @Abd_El-Nasser_Gharee,

When you say “not working”, what do you mean? Please describe what happens in detail.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

I enabled all blocks and in appearing setting i select it to appear but not appeared in the journals website.

Regards

Is it possible that some of these plugins didn’t get updated from the 3.0.0 code to the 3.0.1 code? How did you go about updating your code during the upgrade process?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

The only plugin that has an error message during upgrading process is the google scholar plugin…and I completed the upgrading normally.

Regards

Check to see that the file permissions in cache are set correctly. You should be able to delete all .php files from that directory, and they’ll get regenerated when they’re needed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I checked the permission in Cach folder in my system and everythin is OK. Also, I deleted all php files in this folder without any change…Still blocks not appeared in the journals page.

Regards

We established in this other thread that your upgrade may not at all be normal – I’ll be limited in how much I can help with this one.

Let’s focus on the custom blocks plugin. I presume you’ve created a block using that plugin, and put some content in it? Did the resulting custom block appear in the Apperance form, and have you configured it to appear on the sidebar?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I disabled all block plugins except the custom block plugin and it appears in the appearance form and I configured it to appear on the sidebar. The cusom block did not appear in the sidebar.

Regards.

What do you get when you run the following query on your MySQL database?

SELECT * FROM versions WHERE product LIKE '%static%';

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Running the query produce the following results:

Is the custom blocks plugin installed in a non-standard location (something other than plugins/generic/customBlockManager)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

The custom plugin installed in:

plugins/generic/customBlockManager

all blocks not working like “new submission”, “information” and “Developed by”. I don’t know the reason.

Regards

I suspect this is related to your earlier upgrade problems. My suspicion is that the plugins aren’t registered in the versions table – but I’m afraid I’m not going to be able to provide much further support for this; your upgrade is likely in an inconsistent state and this will be difficult to debug remotely.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

What about deleting the plugin setting table from the database and upgrading the system again and let it re-creat it again??

Regards

I would suggest comparing the contents of that table with the same from a clean installation of OJS 3.0.1.

Regards,
Alec Smecher