Block not shown in sidebar (search page)

Hi there,

I have noticed that in OJS 3.1 several blocks are not appearing in the sidebar if you are on the search page (for example the language-block, the PKP-block, the submission-block). Is this intended? Or is it a bug in our system? On other sites I see all of them.
This behaviour applies no to blocks that are made by a generic plugin that behaves like a block plugin: For example blocks made by the custom block plugin appear on the search page.

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi Daniela,

This is the standard way that the search results page appears in OJS 3.1. I’m not sure why that design decision was made.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Amanda,

thank you for your answer :slight_smile: Is there a way to change this without too much fuzz? We have some logos and of course the language box in the sidebar and it would be quite a problem if those aren’t shown anymore.

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @astevens,

I’ve checked several of my test journals. In one of them the blocks are shown, in the others they are not displayed. I don’t know how or why this happens, but I’ll search further and write it here if I find anything useful.

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi Daniela,

It turns out that this is a bug, which is now being worked on and will hopefully be fixed with 3.1.1. You can follow progress at Sidebar blocks missing from search results · Issue #3097 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Amanda,

thank you very much!

Kind regards
Daniela