Blinding in Microsoft 2013

“Ensuring a Blinded Review” - the steps don’t include instructions for Microsoft 2013 word. Anybody have them?
Thank you in advance - Nick

Hi @ncrofut,
The instructions are indeed regrettably not included. I’ll make a note of that.
Would this help?

Kind of, except they are adding information - we need to delete metadata in the word document

Wouldn’t that metadata be in the same spot? But instead of adding, you would delete? (I don’t have Word 2013, so, sorry bear with me :slight_smile: )

Or are you looking for the write-up of the instructions, while you yourself do know how it would work?

here it is if anybody needs it, not much different then 2010 - the only difference are the first couple steps

1. Under the File Menu select “Check for Issues” then “Inspect Document”
  2. Click “No” to save a file
  3. Click “Inspect” icon
  4. Uncheck all of the checkboxes except “Document Properties and Personal information”.
  5. Run the document inspector, which will then do a search of the document properties and indicated if any document property fields contain any information.
  6. Click “Remove All”, If the document inspector finds that some of the document properties contain information it will notify you and give you the option to “Remove all,” which you will click to remove the document properties and personal information from the document.
  7. Save the article on your computer then re-upload the article in AEJ.

Karen, thank you for the video…make me think I may add some of them to our website for reviewers.

SO>>> now where do I find the “ensure blinded review” document to EDIT it…i’ve looked everywhere on the OJS

Thanks @ncrofut, that’s very helpful!

@asmecher, where would he be able to edit that document?

Hi all,

For the English text, you can edit:
help/en_US/editorial/topic/000044.xml

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Alec,
regarding, “help/en_US/editorial/topic/000044.xml”
PKP host our journal (anesthesiaejournal), how do I get to that file? I looked everywhere: setup, static pages, plugin,

thank you for the great software and hosting…anesthesia ejournal is only the second scholarly journal for Nurse Anesthetists. we couldn’t have done it without you
Nick

Hi @ncrofut,
Could you email the technical team at pkp.contact@gmail.com? We’ll get it sorted for you :smile:
Cheers,
Karen