Blank page after installation of ojs-3.1.1-1

I’m having a similar issue with the newest version of ojs. Followed the instructions here: https://openjournalsystems.com/ojs-3-user-guide/upgrading/
In the end of the process, got a blank page. Actually, already the web interface of the database upgrade process gave a blank page instead of the interface, but I got our hosting to run the command prompt version instead.
The hosting support staff reported no errors in the error log. I also directed them to read this thread, but that got us nowhere either.
(Also, to add insult to injury, when I restored the 2.4 installation from backup, it would not run the site, listing multiple errors instead).
(Another point: unfortunately, we don’t have the resources to hire anyone professional, and I’m one of the journal editors, using my amateur computer skills instead; please be patient with me :-))

Perhaps you still need to install the php xml and mbstring plugins on your system. I also got a blank page when I went to install and that solved it.
Execute this:
apt install php-xml php-mbstring

Hi @webdbase

Check your www folder, sometimes an index.htm file stays there after the install and OJS won’t load.

Best regards,

Josh Noronha (he/him)
Systems Administrator
PKP|PS Support Team

Subscribe to the PS Bulletin for quarterly updates on
PKP software, support, and community events

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.