Back Issue Publication Tagging to Author profile

I have problem. If we publish back issues. We can’t tag that article to rescetive author. Anybody having solution for this. Please help me in this regard.

Example: John published paper in same journal long befrore. In this case, how to tag his back issue publication to his profile. So, that he can view published articles.

Hello @aurag,

Can you clarify a few details:

What version of OJS are you using?
Do you mean that you wish to associate imported back issue content (e.g. via QuickSubmit or XML import) with an author’s account within OJS? If so, I’m not sure that will be feasible since when importing content it does not associate content with author accounts since there it did not originate as part of the submission process and there is no editorial history.

Best regards,

Roger

OJS 3.2.1.1.,

Yes, sir. I’m importing content using the quick submit plugin.

Upon publishing old issues, authors keep on asking, about previous data of publications.

Please help me in this regard.

Hello @aurag,

When importing via QuickSubmit, you won’t be able to associate the back issue content with the author’s account - OJS does not support this feature, since the content is created independently from the editorial workflow (i.e. the author making submissions through the OJS system).

-Roger

Thank you, sir.

If we want to update to a newer version of OJS, is it necessary to back up?

Can I able to do it straight away in cPanel?