Assignment bar just keeps on loading for a submission

One of our submissions refuses to open the list of assignments on the right hand side.

It has been sent for production, but the list of assignments just keeps on loading. It seems to be in a loop.

Regards
Nadine Wubbeling
Online Publishing Systems Administrator
Academy of Science of South Africa
www.journals.assaf.co.za

Hi @NadineWubbeling,

What specific version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher. We are on 3.1.0.1.

I will ask our developers to check the error logs for details.

@haydenyoung @MichaelGuthrie

Thanks

Hi @asmecher and @NadineWubbeling

There are multiple entries of this:

[Thu Jun 28 08:52:24.397842 2018] [:error] [pid 24230] [client 146.232.104.142:50475] PHP Warning: Division by zero in /path/removed/for-posting/lib/pkp/classes/core/ArrayItemIterator.inc.php on line 134, referer: https://journals.assaf.org.za/jesa/authorDashboard/submission/4902

Also digging around, is it potentially related to this post:

Thanks,
Michael

Hi @asmecher

Code version: 3.1.0.1
Database version: 3.1.0.1
Latest version: 3.1.1.2

PHP 5.6.32

Hi @NadineWubbeling,

Go to Settings > Website > Appearance, and under Lists, make sure you have reasonable numbers entered for the “Items per page” and “Page links” setting. The default is 25 and 10 (respectively); I suspect one of those is zero.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks @asmecher. I have tried this now and it is still not working.

@haydenyoung @MichaelGuthrie

Hi @NadineWubbeling/all,

Is it possible that your cache directory has incorrect file permissions? If changes to your settings are not appearing to stick in some cases, permissions might explain it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Checked the cache directory; permissions match the user/group the the web server is running as. Also rw rules look fine to rule this one out as a potential problem.

Thanks

Hayden

Hi @haydenyoung,

One way to tell for sure is to remove cache/*.php and watch for them to be re-generated as the system works.

Regards,
Alec Smecher