Assign Editor problem after Upgrade from 3.1.0.1. to 3.1.2.1

Hi

After Upgrading from 3.1.0.1. to 3.1.2.1, We are unable to assign Editor.
AssignParticipant

Please help us to rectify this.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @srinivasanchelliah,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Error messages in my server

[Wed Dec 04 09:00:24 2019] [error] [client 171.49.213.69] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm.inc.php on line 19, referer: http://xlescience.org/index.php/IJASIS/submissions
[Wed Dec 04 09:00:10 2019] [error] [client 171.49.213.69] PHP Warning: Declaration of UserForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/user/form/UserForm.inc.php on line 18, referer: http://xlescience.org/index.php/IJASIS/management/settings/access
[Wed Dec 04 09:00:06 2019] [error] [client 171.49.213.69] PHP Warning: Parameter 1 to GridHandler::fetchRow() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php on line 390, referer: http://xlescience.org/index.php/IJASIS/management/settings/access
[Wed Dec 04 09:00:06 2019] [error] [client 171.49.213.69] PHP Warning: Declaration of UserForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/user/form/UserForm.inc.php on line 18, referer: http://xlescience.org/index.php/IJASIS/management/settings/access
[Wed Dec 04 09:00:06 2019] [error] [client 171.49.213.69] PHP Warning: Declaration of UserForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/user/form/UserForm.inc.php on line 18, referer: http://xlescience.org/index.php/IJASIS/management/settings/access
[Wed Dec 04 09:00:00 2019] [error] [client 171.49.213.69] PHP Warning: Declaration of UserForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/user/form/UserForm.inc.php on line 18, referer: http://xlescience.org/index.php/IJASIS/management/settings/access

I don’t know how to rectify this?

Please let me know to solve this

Thank you in advance

My PHP version is 7.1 and OJS version is 3.1.2.2.

Hi @srinivasanchelliah,

Those are just warnings; check further back in your log for something containing the words Fatal error.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi
I have not seen any Fatal error.
This is the log file i received while clicking ‘assign Editor’

[05-Dec-2019 08:26:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php on line 245
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:48 UTC] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[05-Dec-2019 08:26:51 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/xlescien/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm.inc.php on line 19

there was an error in the log file ojs2: 404 Not Found

Note: It is a fresh installation of OJS 3.1.2.2 and updated to 3.1.2.3. Both versions I had the same error.

Thank you

Hi

I read one of the thread in this forum about mod_security. I asked my host to disable this.
Now i can able to assign the editor.

Thank you for your great support.

Hi @srinivasanchelliah,

Thanks for following up! Messages related to mod_security will be logged somewhere, but depending on your server setup, it might not be the same log as your PHP errors are recorded in. One hint that you might be dealing with a mod_security problem is that the server responds to an OJS request with a 403 Forbidden HTTP code. You can look for this in your browser’s web development tools.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Sure. I will check and let you know.

Thank you for your support.