Assign Button does not display Participants list only loading

I’m using using OJS 3.1.0.1 (upgraded from 2.4.8.2). php version: 5.6.30

ScreenCapture

Console error
GET http://annalsofhealthresearch.com/index.php/ahr/$$$call$$$/grid/users/user-select/user-select-grid/fetch-grid?submissionId=110&stageId=1&_=1517410810845 406 (Not Acceptable)

Failed AJAX request on invalid json returned

** php errors**
PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/AddParticipantForm.inc.php on line 75,
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /home/aohr/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134,
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/aohr/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134,
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/aohr/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134,
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home/aohr/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134,
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of AddParticipantForm::validate() should be compatible with Form::validate($callHooks = true) in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/AddParticipantForm.inc.php on line 18
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of AddParticipantForm::readInputData() should be compatible with PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm::readInputData($request) in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/AddParticipantForm.inc.php on line 18
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute() in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm.inc.php on line 18
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm::readInputData() should be compatible with Form::readInputData() in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm.inc.php on line 18
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm.inc.php on line 18
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of StageParticipantGridHandler::loadCategoryData() should be compatible with CategoryGridHandler::loadCategoryData($request, &$categoryDataElement, $filter = NULL) in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/StageParticipantGridHandler.inc.php on line 24
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of StageParticipantGridHandler::initialize() should be compatible with CategoryGridHandler::initialize($request, $args = NULL) in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/StageParticipantGridHandler.inc.php on line 24
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CategoryGridHandler::doSpecificFetchGridActions() should be compatible with GridHandler::doSpecificFetchGridActions($args, $request, $templateMgr) in /home/aohr/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/CategoryGridHandler.inc.php on line 493

It was the access log I posted about. Just check the php error log, it was clean.

This is the what I currently get in my apache error log

File does not exist: /home/aohr/public_html/406.shtml, referer: http://annalsofhealthresearch.com/index.php/ahr/workflow/index/106/1

Php error log not returning any new error after I repeat the process. These are the outstanding error:
ojs2: 404 Not Found

Hi @assetJournal

Hmmm… Those errors does not say anything I could think of… Could you maybe double check it all again? – Press on the button and track/immediately look at the log files and console – Those strict standard messages are not relevant, there should be something with “PHP Error…”…

Was you upgrade totally successful – without warnings etc. ?

Best,
Bozana

The upgrade was totally successful. Planning to move the journal to a new environment tomorrow, I read on one to the tread that a 406 error is not coming from OJS. Will keep to posted on the result

Successfully duplicated our journal on another host and interestingly the issue disappeared.

Thanks for you support

So what is the actual solution of this problem? It started happening to me a few days ago, could it have to do with my server’s notice of upgrade? What to do?

Hi @filipi

Take a look in your server php error log file while opening the page and see if any php error occurs…

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana, I did and I get pretty much the same thing as the author of this post, that’s why I asked a question here.
Only variables should be passed by reference
Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin etc etc

Hi there,
I got similar problem with OJS 3.1.2.0 (upgraded from 3.1.1.2) PHP 7.1
17%20PM
However, in console I got 404
https://www.xxxxxxx.com/ojs/index.php/MIS/$$$call$$$/grid/users/user-select/user-select-grid/fetch-grid?submissionId=4&stageId=1&_=1554455940615

PHP log
PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/mis/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19

I’ve checked UserSelectGridHandler.inc.php exist in folder lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/userSelect

I don’t know where to fix this…
Thank you for any support.

Which roles are assigned to the user that tries to perform that?

Hi @vvucic,
The user I used has several roles: Journal manager, journal editor, section editor, copyeditor, reviewer, reader.

Is it required to set section editors in journal settings before creating submission?

I found pon several installations that such problems occured and they disappeared after section editor is defined for respctive section.

How to define Section editor in this OJS sir?