Assertion failed error when creating submissions

OJS 3.1.0-1
php 5.6

This is a brand new installation; just trying out 3.x to evaluate for recommending an upgrade of a 2.x install.

Installation has appeared to go smoothly; OJS is up and running. I’m able to create an issue, and then when I go to create a submission, I get to the metadata entry page, enter everything, and the metadata clears and I get a “Errors occurred processing this form” error, with each of the (now empty) required fields highlighted.

php error log reports:

PHP Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /[…]/ojs/pages/submission/SubmissionHandler.inc.php on line 52

thoughts? I can’t get past this step…

Hi @blonsway,

This is probably related to "Subject" / "subjects" field "required" flag not behaving as expected · Issue #3311 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub and required tagit metadata fields not validated · Issue #3157 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. You could patch these using the various pull requests at those two links, but the easiest solution will be to turn off the “Required” flag for the various tag-based submission fields in the submission area of workflow settings, and wait for OJS 3.1.1 to come out (which should work around the problem in the meantime).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,

Thank you. Before I wrote, I wasn’t entirely clear if these two issues were related to the identical behavior or not; thank you for clarifying. This is a pretty significant issue; I see that 3.1.1 is on the horizon; any rough sense of its ETA? I’m trying to coordinate with our IT department, and as the academic summer break here in the states is nearing, it would be good to get a sense of how likely 3.1.1’s spring or early summer release is.

Thank you again for all the amazing work on this project!!

Hi @blonsway,

We’re hoping to release OJS 3.1.1 within a week or so.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you!

:

: Brian Lonsway

: Associate Professor and Chair of the Graduate Program

: Syracuse University School of Architecture

: 225 Slocum Hall

: Syracuse, NY 13244

:

: blonsway@syr.edu