Articles table doesn't exist

Dear All,

I am migrating our existing journal from 2.4.8.3 to OJS3 latest version. Every time while updating it shows the articles table doesn’t exist error. I have tried several times with Client tools as well as web tool also. If ignoring and move ahead, in admin ->System information it shows earlier version means 2.4.8.3 while admin look is of OJS3.
I searched whole forum and don’t found any solution.
Please help.

Hi @Head_Computer,

What process are you following to upgrade?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Sir,

I have tried by using both methods , 1. By Web(Full Upgrade) and 2. by using CLI tool. In both I am facing the same issue. Although From CLI Tool , I am not able to see the error, but after logged in again it shows the old version like 2.4.8.3 while interface is of OJS3.
After that I tired to open my articles current and archives , but it failed.

One table articles_migration is there but I am not able to find articles tables after upgrade with OJS3 .
I am upgrading from 2.4.8.3 but every time I failed.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

After try with local host… below error has been occurred while importing data.Although, Process is still going on.

Hi @Head_Computer,

The command-line process is the best approach, as it provides information on what the system is doing during the process. What is the full output of the command-line upgrade process?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Sir,

We have tried all the options and error is the same that “articles table doesn’t exist”
Below is outuput by command/shell access.

Hi @Head_Computer,

For an OJS 2.4.8.3 installation, there definitely should be an articles table in the database. Is it possible that the database you’re working with has already had a failed upgrade performed? If so, you need to restore from backup before trying again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sir,
I have tried with earlier database backup and done as per forum’s suggestion. But still the same issue.

Hi @Head_Computer,

Does your database backup contain an articles table?

Regards,
Alec Smecher