Articles is not showing on front end after updating version 3.1

ojs3
Tags: #<Tag:0x007f7698e918d8>

After updating Ojs3.1 from 2.4, i cant view journal articles in front end however i can see the PDF files. And one the journal “AABS” working fine, and rest are not like “APALM

Hi @paritosh89,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Here is the error log i got, but dont know how to resolve it. Can you please help me out on this. Thanks

[18-May-2018 10:02:53 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:02:53 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:02:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:02:59 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[18-May-2018 10:02:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:02:59 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/pages/index/IndexHandler.inc.php on line 68
[18-May-2018 10:02:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Config::getContextBaseUrls() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 199
[18-May-2018 10:02:59 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[18-May-2018 10:03:00 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:03:00 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[18-May-2018 10:03:00 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:03:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:03:03 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[18-May-2018 10:03:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:03:04 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ArticleHandler::initialize() should be compatible with PKPHandler::initialize($request) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php on line 395
[18-May-2018 10:03:04 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[18-May-2018 10:03:04 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getCCLicenseBadge() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php on line 150
[18-May-2018 10:03:04 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionKeywordEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId() should be compatible with ControlledVocabEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL, $filter = NULL) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/submission/SubmissionKeywordEntryDAO.inc.php on line 20
[18-May-2018 10:03:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Symfony\Polyfill\Mbstring\iconv_substr() in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/Mbstring.php on line 431
[18-May-2018 10:03:07 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:03:07 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[18-May-2018 10:03:07 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[18-May-2018 10:03:07 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/pages/index/IndexHandler.inc.php on line 68
[18-May-2018 10:03:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Config::getContextBaseUrls() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 199
[18-May-2018 10:03:07 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/pacificadmin/public_html/journal/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23

This can be related to PHP version. I suppose this method iconv_substr() is absent or not working properly in PHP < 5.2.

This is not a php version error as i created a second build on same server and i can view every article here. But the problem is that i cant move this build on production as the production build has new articles in it.

And secondary i faced the supplementary file issue. They are not showing anywhere in the backend as in the 2.4.x version i can see them.

Please help.

Ah, on second thought I think that the problem is in a missing PHP extension. Maybe php-mbstring or php-iconv. Suppose with PHP version below 5.2 you had got the error earlier.

As for you second OJS instance, are you sure you have enabled paypal payment plugin?

For PHP version we are using 5.6 and yes the error was for the payment plugin enabled in the first instance and i had disabled that plugin, but nothing works. Problem remains same and now the error log not showing any fetal error instead of some warnings.

Is there any way i can migrate recent articles in to the new instance i have created. So that one thing sorted out.

And is that anything i can do with the supplementary files? I can figure it out, from where i can access them.

Thanks

Thanks for helping with.
After struggling alot, i think i got the solution for the article view problem.
The problem was causing with the “Citation Style Language” plugin and i had just deactivated it from all the journals. All articles now showing in the front end.

But the second problem remains same, the supplementary files i need to show in the file submission area.

Thanks