Articles in the second locale language do not show

Hello! We are using the latest version of OJS to publish an academic journal. We set the primary locale as English. We also set a second locale language, however, when we try to view an article in the second locale language, the article link opens an empty page with “HTTP Error 500.” There is no problem with opening an article in the primary locale language. I cannot figure out where I made a mistake. Can someone suggest any solution? Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Hi @tugrulavci,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for the suggestion. We’ll do it.

Regards,

We got this log but cannot figure where is problem is. Would you be able to tell us, please?

[Thu Sep 24 09:17:58.196595 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 467] [client 78.172.13.140:54190] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Seboettg\CiteProc\Exception\ClassNotFoundException: Class “Seboettg\CiteProc\Constraint\isNumeric” could not be found. in /home/384994.cloudwaysapps.com/rcreceqstc/public_html/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Constraint/Factory.php:41\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/384994.cloudwaysapps.com/rcreceqstc/public_html/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Choose/ChooseIf.php(67): Seboettg\CiteProc\Constraint\Factory::createConstraint()\n#1 /home/384994.cloudwaysapps.com/rcreceqstc/public_html/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Rendering/Choose/Choose.php(53): Seboettg\CiteProc\Rendering\Choose\ChooseIf->_construct()\n#2 /home/384994.cloudwaysapps.com/rcreceqstc/public_html/ojs/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Util/Factory.php(64): Seboettg\CiteProc\Rendering\Choose\Choose->_construct()\n#3 /hom…’

Hi @tugrulavci,

It looks like the class plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/seboettg/citeproc-php/src/Constraint/IsNumeric.php is not being loaded. Are you by any chance using the Turkish locale?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes, the second locale language is Turkish.

The journal website is located at Journal of Economics and Research

Hi @tugrulavci,

This is an issue related to the Turkish locale in the third-party citeproc-php library that we use; I’ve filed it at Locale-specific string functions should not be used to build classnames · Issue #93 · seboettg/citeproc-php · GitHub for attention. [Also see: Update citeproc-php library · Issue #6253 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub]

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi asmecher. I have read the conversation at Locale-specific string functions should not be used to build classnames · Issue #93 · seboettg/citeproc-php · GitHub. Seboettg says that the problem is fixed and version 2.2.2 is released. Is this the problem we encountered? If so, are we supposed to download this new version or OJS updates itself? If we are supposed to download, where can I find the new release?
I thank you two very much and appreciate the time and effort you two put for us.

Hi @tugrulavci,

We’ll be releasing OJS 3.2.1-2 with this fixed in the next few weeks, but also watch for some instructions to appear on Update citeproc-php library · Issue #6253 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for users who aren’t ready to update yet.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Then, until the OJS 3.2.1-2 release, the best solution for us seems to disable the second locale language (Turkish in this case). Am I right?

Hi @tugrulavci,

See: Update citeproc-php library · Issue #6253 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you very much.