Arabic strings missing

Hi everyone,
When I last checked the Arabic translation for “manager file of OJS”, I found it missing hundreds of pre-translated keys! That lead me to return to OJS project on Github to see what happened there.
Arabic translation there was present and intact, but there is a commit moving some language’s locale keys into pkp-lib.
Do I have to re-translate all missing keys again, or this is a routine development process and things would be solved soon in Weblate?


Hi @vormia, this should be a routine development process and I think that things in Weblate should be resolved soon. But I’ll ping @asmecher who knows better how the integration with Weblate works.

Thanks for staying on top of the translations!

Hi @vormia,

I’ve just synced the Weblate translations against git main to see if that clears things up. Do you have an example of a locale key that appears to want translation in Weblate in the OJS “manager” component, but has been moved to pkp-lib?

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks for looking into this.
In fact, I have 314 examples, here are a few of them:

All of the above keys and more, are reported as Need Translation in Weblate for the file Manager, but this file was 100% translated.

With regards,

Hi @vormia,

Ah, that helps – I’ve tracked this down to a syntax error in the .po file. See for details. It’s fixed for now but I’ve also filed a feature request adding validation to .po files during automated testing so these can be captured earlier and automatically. That’s here: Introduce PO file validation in validation testing · Issue #7063 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Weblate should pick up the missing content shortly.

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks @asmecher,
What you just did was very helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.