Antispam form OJS 3.1.0

Hi @ctgraham,

In what route is that php? Thank you and I am waiting.

If you are hosted in a local or institutional environment, check with your system administrator for access to the PHP error logs.

If you are hosted in a shared server environment, check with your service provider on how to access the PHP error logs.

Ok @ctgraham , I’m in a private and shared hosting. I will contact them and inform them of the result, to detect the problem.

Hello @gardbeat @ctgraham,

after upgrade from ojs2x to ojs3x we ran into same issue. Can you please be kind clarify what you meant by “writing in the wrong php”?

we got the same error invalid keys for website. But we believe we have gotten the right keys.

Thanks for any help .

Dung.

I think that perhaps meant modifying an inactive configuration file (like config.TEMPLATE.inc.php, or an unused install) instead of the active config.inc.php.

@ctgraham thank you for your reply. In that case, we certainly edit the right file and setting. Do you know version 3.1.2-1 ojs is compatible with recaptcha v3? Or any other suggestions to troubleshoot this issue?

Best regards,
Dung.

OJS 3.x only supports ReCAPTCHA v2 at this time.

can i contribute code as a pull request, is this trivial?
bot has been a problem for us with version 2 Recaptcha, for this reason we want to go to Recaptcha v3.

Thanks @ctgraham
Dung.

I haven’t spent the time to scope the change, but I did note here where most of the changes would live:

If this upgrade also changes the way ReCAPTCHA is exposed in the UI, this is currently scattered across multiple Form implementations. For example:

This would certainly be welcome as a pull request if you are up for it. Remember to ensure backwards compatibility by making the new version optional, such as adding a new Config variable for which version of ReCAPTCHA is configured in config.inc.php.

Feel free to reach out with any specific questions.

1 Like

Hi @ctgraham

I have included the lines of code that you indicated to me. But I have detected a problem, the capthar loads me to select the parameters in all browsers, except in Chrome.

Since spammer continues to enter and after making the checks, everything comes from created by Chrome from foreign countries.

How can I also load the parameters of selecting cars, fire hydrants, also in Chrome?

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Your OJS installation will be serving up the same code regardless of the browser, so this sounds like an issue with Chrome.

This website suggests perhaps checking if Chrome needs an update:

Can you reproduce this issue on other computers with Chrome?

Hi @ctgraham

I bought it under several Windows operating systems (7 and 10), with Chrome updated to the latest version and with previous versions.

And how could I stop people who have old versions from loading the capthar? Since it is a security hole and there we are getting a lot of spamer.

I look forward to how to solve.

Can you share a URL to this journal?