Another 3.3.0.3 upgrade problem

Sorry for posting yet another one of these 3.3 upgrade problems, but I haven’t seen this one come up and thought maybe it’s a bug PKP should be aware of.

I’m trying to upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.3.0.3 and keep hitting this error:

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '1738-fr_CA-remoteUrl' for key 'navigation_menu_item_settings_pkey' (SQL: insert into navigation_menu_item_settings (navigation_menu_item_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) values (1738, fr_CA, remoteUrl, http://www.bsc-sbc.ca, string))

I noticed that if I delete the offending remote URL from the navigation_menu_items table then it just fails on the next remote URL in the table when I rerun the upgrade. This particular journal is bilingual in case that helps.

1 Like

Bumping for visibility.

Okay I finally solved this issue! If you run into duplicate key errors like this or others you really need to dig through your db to weed out the problems. In my case I had two entries for fr_CA in the journal_settings table for supportedLocales:

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 1.51.40 PM

And I had another duplicate key error for a custom block plugin block that was created twice with the same name. It even displayed twice on the journal’s home page.

5 Likes