Announcement emails not sent

One of our journal managers created a new announcement. She checked the “Send an email about this to all registered users.” She usually gets some unable to deliver messages back, but this time she did not. I checked the maillog and no emails were sent out.

I tested on a test journal and no emails were sent out. I tried to reset my password to see if I get the email from OJS and I did.

We are on OJS 3.3.0.7.

Any help is much appreciated,
Gabriela

Hi @gabriela,

Is this happening just for emails? Or is it occurring when you try to send out emails using OJS for other tasks as well (e.g. sending reviews)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

Thank you for your reply. I see this happening only for announcement emails. I tested the article review request and the email was sent correctly.

Gabriela

Hi @gabriela,

Ah, yes - this appears to be a known bug that has not yet been fixed: No email is sent when creating a new announcement · Issue #7213 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

As noted in the issue, “The work around seems to be to use the Bulk Email feature in 3.3 and reposting the contents of the announcement.”

Best regards,

-Roger

PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,

Thank you very much, I will inform the journal manager.

Best wishes,
Gabriela

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.