An unexpected error occurred. You may have been logged out

hen I click the Submissions menu it an Error pops up: An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.

Hello @Zexez,

Can you clarify some further details:

• Software version
  • Output from your PHP Error log
  • Steps you have taken to troubleshoot the issue already?

-Roger
PKP Team

1. OJS 3.3.0.2, PHP 7.3.20,
  2. The error appeared after I deleted the article from the archive, so I checked the database but found nothing
    And now I can’t see the articles in the archive

Can you tell where all files from the archive? I will try to delete everything manually

Hi @Zexez,

You’ll need to track down your PHP error log in order to debug this further.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

php log:

I looked on your forum for this error, and found the solution. i was edit file: /var/www/journal/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmission.inc.php

from line 54:

function getBestId() {
	return $this->getCurrentPublication() && $this->getCurrentPublication()->getData('urlPath')
		? $this->getCurrentPublication()->getData('urlPath')
		: $this->getId();
}

Thanks you

Hi @Zexez,

I think this is the same issue as described here: Fatal ERROR when rebuildSearchIndex.php - #5 by isaac.marco

When the article was deleted from the archive, did an error occur?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi,
Today, I also experience the same error message (an unexpected error…) after deleting a declined submission from archive. No error occured when I deleted incomplete submissions, but this error message apperared after deleting an archived submission. No archived submissions are visible, but can be found by typing in the search field, or by using filters.
Unfortunately, I have no access to php-error logs since I transferred the journal and journal website to another publishing company.
I will share when I get them.
My OJS version is : 3.3.0.3
Regards,

Yes, just as stated in that message. I will try to apply the fix when I get access to server files. Thanks again.

Hi @drugurkocak,

There’s further discussion and an issue with a patch linked on the other thread; I’ll close this one and if there’s any more conversation it should continue over there.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

1 Like