Amount of submissions assigned to section editors - OJS 3

I am a journal manager in charge of 6 section editors. Is there a way to get a count of how many submissions have been assigned to each section editor without logging into the profile of each section editor, or by logging into the information of each submission? We currently run almost 100 submissions and it is super frustrating to keep up with the assignments to the editors.
Thank you
C

Hi @pvrcr,

What specific version of OJS 3.x are you running?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec

Thanks for responding. We are running 3.1.

Thanks

Christa

Vrywaringsklousule / Disclaimer: http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html

Alec Smecher pkp@forum.pkp.sfu.ca 2018/04/26 16:36 >>>

asmecher Staff
April 26
Hi @pvrcr,

What specific version of OJS 3.x are you running?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alex, it is 3.1.0.1.
Thanks
Christa

We would like to see this filtering option, too. It would help to better distribute the workload between editors. The sooner the better. I think this is already files as a GitHub issue and part of the project to enhance the filtering of the submissions list.

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m also an editorial manager in several journals at UAB with 3.2.1.4, and this is an important feature we had in 2.x. In some journals we have 19 section editors.

I know in 3.3 there is a filter option (see screenshot below), but what if, in the process of assignation in the submission itself, we can simply see the number (like the second screenshot), similar to old 2.x. Is there anything like that in process?

Thank you!

imagen

imagen

1 Like

Few days ago I looked for some hints by forum users for literally the same issue: Amount of currently assigned submissions when assign a paper to an editor

None replied.

I was able to work out the following method. Click on ‘submissions’ (left side). Then on ‘All Active’ (top line). Then choose ‘Filters’. A window will open on the left. You can enter the editor’s name, and all the submissions assigned to them will show, as well as the different stages of each submission. See screenshot below. I hope this helps. I would have liked a birds-eye view that the earlier versions had but to date I was not able to find one.
Capture