Alternative payment options

Hello,

I m wondering, is there any way to activate an alternative payment link when the 'pay to publish ’ button (or to ‘continue’ button after that) is clicked by authors.

Thank you,

Hi @zaratushtra,

Which of our applications are you using, and what version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I m using OJS 2.4.8.0, PayPal plugin is active and I m not having any problem with PayPal or its payment records. However, I want to use an alternative payment method without PayPal plugin. And I think I am not able to implement a new plugin for that but a simple payment button would be enough for my needs. Hence, I have some script code from a payment gateway company. The script generates a button to press and create a gateway to their system.

What I want is while using PayPal plugin there are Pay buttons, and I want to replace these buttons with new ones such that authors can see them while they are in their account pages.

Regards,

Hi @zaratushtra,

The “right” way to do this would be to write a new payment plugin that’s used instead of the PayPal plugin. If your preferred service operates similarly to PayPal, you could use that plugin as a template for your new plugin, renaming it and modifying it as needed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team