Alternative captcha

Hi.

I would like to ask you the following question. I have mounted on our OJS (version 3.1), the v3 version of the capchart. And I ask you the following, there would be a possibility to change the v3 of the tick by choosing boxes according to different options (to choose between cars, traffic lights …)

Thank you and I am waiting for your response.

Hi. Can someone help me and offer me an alternative? Thank you!

Hi @gardbeat,

Some alternatives are discussed here: reCaptcha not working from China · Issue #2993 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
…but nothing has yet been implemented, I’m afraid.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher. How can I implement? Is touching the code or installing a plugin?

Hi @gardbeat,

It could be done either as a new plugin, or as a modification to the core codebase. The existing ReCAPTCHA code provides an established pattern that could be followed to implement an alternative.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher . How could I implement the alternative? Because of the plugin, I see that there is nothing created for OJS. I await your response.

Hi @gardbeat,

I would suggest looking at the existing ReCAPTCHA code. You can find that by grepping for it:

$ find . -name \*.php -exec fgrep -l -i recaptcha "{}" ";"
./config.inc.php
./config.TEMPLATE.inc.php
./lib/pkp/classes/user/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php
./lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php
./lib/pkp/classes/form/validation/FormValidatorReCaptcha.inc.php
./lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I do not understand What code can I add to the one that indicates, one of google? I am looking for the capthar to change and be of the type of select the traffic lights, cars … to raise the level of security and that the bots do not create us spam users. Thank you and I am waiting for your advice.

Hi @gardbeat,

I’m afraid I can’t walk you through it in more detail than that – the above list represents the places where the current ReCAPTCHA support is implemented, and you can review and adapt those to your needs.

Regards,
Alec Smecher