In OJS 3.3.0.6.
Allow point capture in article PATH URL

nv

Before it was possible to do it

Captura

Saludos

1 Like

Hi @leobardo,

Thanks for your post. Good point, as some URLs may contain periods. I’m flagging @NateWr here so he might weigh in if there is a workaround or if this might be a future feature request.

-Roger
PKP Team

We don’t have any current plans to support periods/full-stops in url paths.

Well, I believe this situation is a problem. If you need to fix any info placed in Issue tag, the error shows up and you are forced to change the url path. Thus, if I am not wrong, the previous url stops working, and it may be linked and referenced in many places. Those links and references are now useless.
I guess the decision of not allowing them anymore is well based on some reasons, but I don´t know them. I just hope they are good reasons.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks for the additional information, @Alvaro_arribas. It hadn’t occurred to me that this could force breaking changes to a long-standing URL. We definitely don’t want to do that, without some way to properly redirect from the old URL.

I’ve filed an issue and provided a fix for 3.2.1.x and 3.3.0.x. This permits . in all URL paths except the context (journal/press/server). You can follow progress on the GitHub issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.