Allow an XML file to be replaced in a galley without replacing the associated images

Hi everyone!
I don’t know if this has already been reported, when you want to replace the XML galley in a job, and you have previously uploaded images, it doesn’t take them into account and when you load the new file it deletes them and you have to reload them again

Do you have any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Can you elaborate where you are uploading the XML galley and associated files? For example, at what stage in the production workflow?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis , yes, at the stage “pubblication” at the menu item “Galleys”, I create a new galley as XML and load as attached .JPG files, if you were to replace that XML file, you will have to reload the .JPG files because it deletes them

Thanks for the support
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Thanks for clarifying this. I spoke with one of our developers about this who noted: “According to the 3.3 code, when you delete a galley it deletes the associated submission file and when you delete a submission file it deletes all dependent files too.”

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis, It would be more convenient if it were not so, in the previous version, I refer to 3.1.2.4, for example, even if you replaced the XML file, the various associated JPG files remained.

Thanks!
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Thank you for your comments. I’ve flagged this as a feature request for future discussion, and would ask @NateWr that he might weigh in on this.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi @rcgillis, I noticed in the later versions of OJS that this bug has not been fixed, I wanted to mention it :slight_smile:

Bye
Tiziano