All Active Submissions Stuck to load and display

Dear PKP Community,

We are facing the problem of Active Submissions loading in OJS 3.0.2.0 since we deleted a user directly from the database which was actually the editor of the journal to reassign the role with different username.

anyone can please help us resolve this issue. I shall be thankful.

Hi @irfan.memon,

I don’t recommend deleting users directly from the database; other entities refer to the entry and you’ll lose relational integrity if you don’t delete those too. I would recommend re-creating the entry with that user_id if you are able, then using the “merge users” tool to remove the account instead. This will take care of deleting all dependent entries.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

But we have done this. What should I do now as currently unable to see all active submissions.

But I done that what should I do now. I am unable to see active submissions now.

Hi @irfan.memon,

The problem entry could be in a number of tables, but my best guess is stage_assignments. Run:

SELECT sa.user_id FROM stage_assignments sa LEFT JOIN users u ON (u.user_id = sa.user_id) WHERE u.user_id IS NULL;

…to see what user_id in the users table is missing. Then re-create that entry, and use the “Merge Users” tool to delete it properly.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you so much this solved the problem.