After Upgrading OJS 2.4.5 to 2.4.8 can't login the administrator account?

Hi asmecher,

Greeting!

Thank you for Accepting my registration in this Forum.

I encounter a problem for logging in my Site administrator after I upgrading our OJS 2.4.5 to OJS 2.4.8. After Upgrading the new version in few hours I successfully login the Site Admin without changing the Password, But when trying logging in the other day the Site Admin User and Password is invalid, so I check a database in MySQL the user and Password it’s not change.

I follow this instruction but it did not solve the problem.

OJS: Upgrading Database to 2.4.8 prevents logins . I know how how to upgrade and Successfully upgraded to 2.4.8 version.

OJS: log-in problem after upgrade to 2.4.7-1

pkp-lib/xml/schema/common.xml

OJS login no longer works after upgrade

All link above I read carefully and Understand, but suddenly all this instruction wasn’t effect on my upgrading. I retry to reset a password to OJS but I did not receive and email.

I encounter this before in the old forum but right now , I am shock for the result of my upgrading.

I have a query if it possible that the problem is came from the Share Hosting ? I am using GoDaddy Hosting.

Best Regards,
Darryl

1 Like

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

Can you check the size of the password column in the users table in your database? Execute, for example:

DESCRIBE TABLE users;

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello asmecher,

I decided to reinstall the OJS 2.4.8 using editing the config.inc.php to off the installation and create another user admin and configure the my SQL database. as of the moment our OJS doing good.

tnx

Hi asmecher,

the error is back(can not continue to user_page ) and our clients same complain.

-tnx

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

Did you try the SQL statement you quoted above? What was the result?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello Alec,

Yes. I do the SQL Statement but the error shows…

Regards,

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

Sorry, my typo. Try:

DESCRIBE users;

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello Alec,

here is the screenshot of “Describe users;”:

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

Try the following:

1. Manually set your password using an SHA1 hash in the database:

UPDATE users SET password=SHA1(CONCAT(username, 'passwordGoesHere')) WHERE username='usernameGoesHere';

(…replacing the passwordGoesHere and usernameGoesHere appropriately.)

2. Try logging in with the credentials you just specified.

3. If that worked, log out and try logging in again once more.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

3 Likes

Hello Alec,

Thanks for your help… now I successfully login to our publication page.

-Case Solved!

Hi. I was having the same problems and setting the password field to 255 fixed it.

Michele