After upgrade to OJS 3.3.0.14 - Email notifications related to user registration, update password, not sent

After upgrading to OJS version 3.3.0.14 the sending of email notifications to users, related to registration, profile edition and password update are no longer sent to both the administrator and the user.

The emails sent directly from the platform are sent and the notification of submission of articles are also sent.

There are no errors in the log.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

We are using office 365, but as it is sending the emails I think that is not the problem. Is there some configuration in the platform that we are missing?

Here are the email settings of the config file

Thank you very much for all the help you can give.

1 Like

Hi @carlos.batalha,

As a starting point, you could review our documentation on email here: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/admin-guide/3.3/en/email

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,

thank you very much for your reply. I read the documentation and it seems that I have everything configured properly, but according to the instructions I went to see the email logs in the database and I verified that in the part related to the email templates, several templates in the columns: from_role_id, to role_id and stage_id were with the fields filled with NULL, and coincidentally some of those emails are not being sent.

Is this the problem? If yes how can I solve it?

Thank you very much,

Carlos Batalha

The problem was fixed by downgrading to the OJS previous version.