Administrator and Upload Plugin links missing after upgrade to 3.3.0.10 (from 3.1.2.1)

I have just upgraded my OJS 3.1.2.1 installation to 3.3.0.10 (with 3.2 as an intermediate step) and now that I am logged in to the backend, the Administration option and also the Upload Plugin option in the plugin section us no longer visible.

I am using OJS 3.3.0.10

There appeared to be another similar post in 2019, but this has different symtpoms, i.e. no errors in the error log.

Hi @Ant_Forshaw,

And, you’re certain you’re working within a site administrator role in this case? Do you see the other options that would otherwise be available to a site admin?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,

Apologies, Ive been on holiday, back now :slight_smile:

I can login as the original site editor (which on the pre-updated version 3.1.2.1 can upload plugins) but on this 3.3.0.10 version there is no such option. It’s usually next to the search button. Even the existing site admin (journal manager) account doesn’t have the ability to modify plugins any more. Very odd!

Update: The journal editor role also appears to have lost the ability to clear the cache - no Administration menu option.

My user is assigned the Journal Manager role which usually has full access.

Could anything have changed between these versions that would affect the users privs? If I could get that button to display that would be fantastic!

Kind regards

Hi All,

This is still a problem for me - my project is almost ready to go live but I have lost the ability to upload plugins or do pretty much any admin-related functions. I can no longer clear the cache or change any of the existing plugin settings.

Could there be some flag in the database, or has the database structure changed from 3.1 to 3.3 in a way that could lock out existing admin users?

Many thanks in advance

Hi @Ant_Forshaw,

Sorry to hear this is still an issue for you. Clearing the cache or managing plugins are site admin functions, but I’m not sure what db settings would affect this. I’ll see if one of our team members can weigh in when they are available.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,

Thank you, I appreciate any help you can give me at this point. Even if I create a new user with journal manager role it still shows no admin functions.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Hi @Ant_Forshaw,

But the Journal Manager shouldn’t have access to those admin functions you point out (clear cache, etc.). It’s the site admin only that has access to those - the site admin’s permissions will not appear in user lists or in role settings, so you won’t be able to access them within OJS, the site admin will have to login and execute those tasks.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you @rcgillis ,

edited

I managed to update the database with my user’s ID and assigned them to the admin group:

INSERT INTO user_user_groups (user_id, user_group_id) VALUES (<new_admin_user_id>, 1);

Taken from this page: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/faq/en/users-roles

It’s working now :slight_smile: Thanks for your help so far.

Kind regards,

Anthony

1 Like