Admin and manager sesion slow loading and import error

Hi Alec, I have a similar problem in my OJS installation 2.4.7.1 on centos server. this is the mesage on chrome console, when I try load a image to a journal or i want to access like admin or manager: "Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/." . The server administrator says that is a .js problem in tyni mce. please help me and thanks.

Hi @mimolore,

The warning message is just a warning, and will not cause things to slow down or break. I suspect it’s already addressed by OJS 3.0,which will be released this summer. I’d suggest just ignoring it.

As for performance, there are many variables so it’s hard to suggest anything specific, but ensure that you’re using a PHP optimizer and inspect the server’s resources to see e.g. if it would benefit from more RAM. OJS doesn’t have any unusual requirements for a PHP application server; generally it’ll be either PHP that’s running slowly or MySQL. You can use standard tools like top to see what’s more demanding.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @mimolore, since you said that there is slow loading when accessing the admin and manager screens, it came to my mind that we had a similar problem.

If the server this is happening on is an internal server with no connection to the internet, this might be a point to look at: Slow performance with user function overview pages (SLES 12) - #4 by asmecher In short: OJS checking the current version status with PKP servers when the admin and journal manager screens are loaded. If no connection to the internet can be established, nothing happens until the timeout is reached.

However, this is not helping the other part of your question about image uploading, unfortunately.

1 Like