Additional author biography after an issue is published

Hallo.

I use version 3.2.1.1 and would like to add an additional author biography after the issue was published. There is already one published author biography and I would like to add one more.

The link is: https://www.designforsocialchange.org/journal/index.php/DISCERN-J/article/view/3

Is this possible? If yes, how can I go about it?

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can add or edit author bios after an article is published.

Via the Archives tab, go to the article > metadata > List of Contributors > then click on the little arrow next to the author > edit > add and safe the Bio Statement. It should then appear on the the article website.

As far as I know, the Bio Statement is not part of the article metadata. Therefore it’s unproblematic to change it after publishing. This is in contrast to, let’s say, the article’s title which will have already entered databases at that point and should not be changed. But I’d be happy to hear if I’m wrong here.

Thank you for trying to help me :slight_smile:

However, on the page with the metadata for the list of contributors - with a red warning at the top of the page - informs me that ‘This version has been published and can not be edited’. And - sadly - there are no arrows next to the authors that I could click on.

Any other suggestions perhaps? Thank you.

I attach a screenshot in case that is helpful…Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 22.11.47

Hi,

Changes can be made using the option to unpublish, make the changes, and then republish the article. you have to look at the publication date.

It is also possible to make changes to the article using the create new version option, this will create a new version of the article that will be visible on the article’s frontend.

1 Like