Adding DOI via quicksubmit plugin

Hi,
at the moment, when I am creating articles via quicksubmit plugin, I can not add any DOI for the article, ever if the Journal is supporting DOI creation/registration.

Andrea

Hi @marchitelli,

The QuickSubmit plugin doesn’t have support for DOI entry; you have a few options:

• Import the articles with QuickSubmit, then edit the DOIs afterwards
  • Use native XML import/export instead
  • Go to the database to set DOIs manually (this may be quicker if you can generate SQL e.g. via a script)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Rather than creating new topic. Where should I add them afterwards? I am not finding this after I have published the article?

Found it! Never mind! Thanks for this thread!!!

@bozana, what do you think. Maybe we could add an extra option to the quicksubmit plugin that would allow the user to assign a DOI when adding a new article.

This could simple be an extra checkbox in the form, which would be only visible when the DOI plugin is configured. What do you think? I could do a pr this week if this sounds ok.

2 Likes

@ajnyga, yes that would be OK, just not high priority :slight_smile: If you would like to make a PR it would be great! I don’t know what everything should be done, but I think that part of the form should be the same as the current pubId form in the “identifier” tab…
Best,
Bozana

2 Likes

So this could be it Add support for pubid plugins like DOI by ajnyga · Pull Request #20 · pkp/quickSubmit · GitHub
(better not use it in production yet…)

1 Like

I have a question about adding DOIs to articles which get doi befor and now I want to move the archive of this articles to a new OJS. I think after submitting article by quick submit account, I should add DOI manually in Submission page => Metadata => identifier.
But the version of my OJS is 3.2.0.2, and I cant find identifier in metadata.