“Add Contributor” with OJS 3.2.0.3 Failed

I upgraded my OJS 3.1.2.4 to 3.2.0.3 via CPanel successfully. A problem occurred whn I tried to add List of Contributor to an article during the submission process. Once I click on “Add Contributor”, the fields for entering the other author names are not shown, just I got the following message: “ Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned.

The same problem happen for authors, editors, and journal managers during the submission process or editing uploaded article.

Your support would be appreciated a lot.

Hi @bdurakovic2,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
Thanks for reply.
I checked logs/roundcube/errors, but I do not see any recent errors listed here, nor errors after the upgrade to 3.2.0.3.

Note: The previous version OJS 3.1.2.4 had the following error: ##publication.status.published## ##publication.status.scheduled## Declined {{ submission.id }} / {{ currentPublication.authorsStringShort }} / {{ localizeSubmission(currentPublication.fullTitle, currentPublication.locale) }}

Hi @bdurakovic2,

I don’t think that’s the PHP error log. See e.g.: How do I find my PHP error log? - #2

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
I located PHP error log and it looks like below.
Any idea what it would be?

[04-Jun-2020 15:43:48 Europe/City] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php:87
        Stack trace:
        #0 /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php(46): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->bindGettextDomain()
        #1 /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/IsoCodesFactory.php(65): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->__construct(NULL)
        #2 /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/author/form/PKPAuthorForm.inc.php(134): Sokil\IsoCodes\IsoCodesFactory->getCountries()
        #3 /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/author/AuthorGridHandler.inc.php(309): PKPAuthorForm->fetch(Object(Request))
        #4 /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/author/AuthorGridHandler.inc.php(287): AuthorGridHandler->editAuthor(Array, Object(Request))
        #5 /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter in /home/user/domain/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php on line 87

Hi @bdurakovic2,

See e.g.: The 500 error in registration page

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

The problem is solved by installing PHP Extensiongettext” on hssted server.
I asked my host provider to install PHP Extension “gettext” on their server and all associated problems are now solved.

Note:
Adding new contributors and registering new users account did not work.

Now everything works fine.

Again, thanks for your support.

Best regards
Benjamin

1 Like