Abstract in two languages

Some journals that are published on native non-English language require authors to write abstract in native language and English language.
Maybe it could be good to enable authors to add abstract in other language two. Author can click on button Add Abstract and in new field paste abstract in other language.
This is my suggestion with aim to manage issues from experience.

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

What is your Journal Manager’s “Languages” form set up to support? You should be able to enable languages there so that the author can enter abstracts in many languages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Is it sufficient to set form language in different language only for abstract and put abstract in different language? My intention is not to set up everything in different languages. I wanted to suggest easier way to put abstract only in different language.

Thanks,

Veki

Hi @vvucic,

Unfortunately it’s not possible without modifying the code to permit additional languages only for the abstract field; other fields will be affected too (e.g. the title field).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Maybe it can be good to add one feature in places where some customization may be required due to cultural or other specific requirements. It can be good to enable user to create the field and give it title. Thus, administrator can easily create flexible forms and adjust to cultural or other editorial specific requirements. Maybe this can be done in some future version.
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

Unfortunately there are too many intersecting data requirements to make this truly customizable without needing to go into the code. Various metadata formats require mapping onto the abstract field, for example, and each may permit multilingual content or not.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

yes, I know that it is needed to add additional code. It is interesting how dotproject.net solved such requirements. There is option to customize and user is enabled via GUI to create field, choose type of field (i.e. check box, text field etc.) and assign it to proper place so that only what is needed gets additional filed with certain title such as Abstract in other language or so.

Thanks

My journal is in spanish but I need to create a new inbox in metadata for abstract in English and a new inbox for keywords. My version is ojs 2.4.8.
My journal link is http://www.revistaandelma.es/index.php/andelma/index
Somebody can help me to guide to modify the code to get that?
Thanks

Did you activate the both English and Spanish language?
If yes, you will see on top of page small drop down menu with options to choose language. When you choose English language you will see blank form and you can enter abstract in ENglish.

Thanks

Yes I activated both languages. Even I have noticed when I change to English and I put the abstract the system keep the abstract in English but the problem is that I can’t see both abstract, Spanish and English, at same time because system only have one box for abstract. I would need have two box permanently. Is it possible this?

When you activate other language please check did you enable it for submission and forms. See attach.

Screenshot_2017-10-18_09-45-05

Yo tengo el mismo problema, lo que hago es copiar directamente los dos
abstracts en el mismo campo y con eso lo soluciono.